That's what I said

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I don't want a room!

Lilly is obsessed, again, with sleeping with us. Ugh. We do not let her, by the way. So we pile on the stuffed animals. Here is the conversation last night:
L: Mommy, can I sleep with you guys
M: No, you have to sleep in your bed. Your stuffed animals will keep you company.
L: but they're not real
M: Ugh, well they can still sleep with you (how do you answer that?!?!)
L: I wish I didn't have a room because then I can sleep with you and daddy.
M: Well, if you didn't have a room, where would you put all your toys
L: I would have a play room!
Where does she come up with this stuff. Then it went on to (yes I was grabbing at straws)
M: Well, what about Marcie, can she come sleep with you (Marcie is her imaginary friend)
L: No, she's at her house and she's asleep already.
M: I'm sure she's sleeping all by herself with her stuffed animals keeping her company
L: I guess....
Finally, about 10 hugs later she went to sleep.

4 Comments:

  • At March 15, 2006 12:58 PM, Blogger Nichole said…

    Hehehe, thats our lilly bug!

     
  • At March 15, 2006 4:12 PM, Blogger Diana said…

    That's funny. That age is so cute, she does come up with some real good stuff. Last night, I asked her if I would see her this weekend and she said no. She would be at home. All weekend? Yep. :o)

     
  • At March 17, 2006 9:11 AM, Blogger Dave Morris said…

    This reminds me of Courtney so much! We also denied her sleeping with us, although I was only with Courtney's mom until she was 2. She asked about sleeping with me until she was about 4. It's really hard to say no. But everything I've seen says they need to develop that sense of independence early, and sleeping in their own room helps that along.

     
  • At March 23, 2006 8:44 PM, Blogger Dr. Mike said…

    I think it's a bit odd that Lilly has an imaginary friend.

    I think it's more odd that you have an imaginary friend for Lilly!

    ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home